These terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) govern your use of this website (the ‘Website’). Please read through the Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, do not use this Website. In consideration of the Independent Schools Council allowing you to access the pages of the Website you are deemed to accept the following Terms:
- Independent Schools Council
This Website is operated by the Independent Schools Council (‘ISC’), limited by guarantee under company number 1103760, whose registered office is at First Floor, 27 Queen Anne's Gate, London, SW1H 9BU.
Unless otherwise specified, all copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of this Website are owned by or licensed to ISC. Where the copyright and other rights belong to a third party, it is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by ISC which arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licences and permissions.
The material on this website (the ‘Information’), including without limitation all schools listed, is provided for information purposes only. The Information may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors or be out of date. ISC makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the Information or the reliability of access to this website. ISC accepts no responsibility for keeping the material on this website up to date or any liability for its failure to do so. The Information does not constitute advice or an offer and you should not rely upon the Information to make (or refrain from making) any decision, or to take (or refrain from taking) any action. In addition, ISC does not make any recommendation or endorsement with respect to any investment or adviser or any other service or product or as to any material provided by third parties (including the material contained in any extracts, articles or advertisements) or contained in any website linked to this website. If in doubt as to any financial issue raised by this website, please contact an Independent Financial Adviser.
- Reproduction of Information
You may download, view, print, copy on the hard disk of your computer and use material on the Website for your own personal non-commercial purposes or for the purposes of enhancing the skills, knowledge and understanding required to work in the independent education sector. You may not without the prior written agreement of ISC:
- create a database (electronic or otherwise) containing material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website;
- redistribute, retransmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Website to any third party;
- remove copyright or trade mark notices from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms.
- Removal of Information
ISC shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Website any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and ISC shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from the removal of such material.
- Website Use
You agree that you will not use the Website:
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which may restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes"’ or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- in any way that may bring ISC into disrepute.
- Proprietary Marks
The names, images and logos identifying ISC or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of ISC, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and ISC reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
- Links to Other Websites
- Links from Other Websites
No links from external websites to this Website are permitted without the prior written consent of ISC.
- Access Refusal
ISC shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Website at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and ISC shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Website.
- Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user of the Website for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- availability, use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
If you are using the Website on behalf of a school or other business or in the course of your employment, please note in particular that we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are using the Website as a consumer, please note that it is for your domestic and private use only and you must not to use it for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any third party website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms and any use of this Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising out of, in relation to, or in connection with the Website and its use and these Terms.
- Amendments to Terms
These Terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these Terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Website after a variation has been posted.