[Skip to Content]

If I gain my Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or do my Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) year in an independent school, will the qualification allow me to teach in the state maintained sector at some stage?

Yes. The qualifications are national ones recognised by the Department for Education and are not sector specific. They are totally transferable between sectors.