Train to become a teacher in an Independent school
Independent education is in great demand in this country and from overseas parents. Training in the independent sector gives you immediate experience of outstanding schools.
Here are some good reasons why you should choose to teach in the independent sector:
- Good discipline and behaviour
- Flexibility and freedom
- Commitment to nurturing the whole individual
- Small class sizes
- Excellent pastoral care
- Culture of high expectations
- Range of extra-curricular activities
- Culture of valuing and respecting teachers
- Commitment to improving social mobility (about a third of children are on means tested bursaries)
- Excellent and varied career opportunities
- Excellent training and support
- Opportunity to teach your specialist subject to a high level
- Strong commitment to continued professional development throughout your career
To get started look at the different routes into teaching that are available to you, find out what to expect from your training, what funding is available, how to apply and where your teaching career can take you. Read our trainee case studies about the experiences of teachers who have trained within independent schools.
ISC independent schools are ranked among the best in the world and educate more than half a million children each year.
Get involved in this great success story!
“In my opinion the best institutions in the British Isles today are independent schools” – Professor Niall Ferguson, Reith Lectures 2012