Why not get involved in training your own high quality teachers?
Here are some compelling reasons to train teachers in your school:
- You train, develop and retain your staff
- You can share your school’s unique ethos and qualities with trainees. Typically in the independent sector these include: small class sizes; flexibility and freedom within the curriculum; motivated pupils; high achievement; outstanding pastoral care; excellent facilities and broad extra-curricular programmes
- You will be directly involved in the trainee’s learning and development
- You will be supported by an initial teacher training provider
- You may well have the stimulus of someone straight from university with cutting edge ideas about their subject or key stage area
This website will help you to get started now. Have a look at the different routes into teaching available to trainees; find out what to expect from taking on a School Direct trainee; read case studies written by schools that are already training teachers; and take a look at our Training Providers list to find some of the initial teacher training providers are working with independent schools - this is not a comprehensive list but includes commonly used providers in the independent sector.